22.4490, Jobs: Lang & Social Interaction; Disc Analysis: Asst Prof, Syracuse U

Wed Nov 9 20:37:52 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4490. Wed Nov 09 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4490, Jobs: Lang & Social Interaction; Disc Analysis: Asst Prof, Syracuse U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 08-Nov-2011
From:  Apply Online [None at given.com]
Subject: Language and Social Interaction; Discourse Analysis: Assistant Professor, Syracuse University, NY, USA

Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 15:33:53
From:  Apply Online [None at given.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4490.html&submissionid=4535562&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Syracuse University
Department: Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.Click2Apply.net/875v4d6
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; Language and Social Interaction

The Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies at Syracuse
University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in the area
of language and social interaction/discourse analysis at the level of assistant
professor. Applicants should have a PhD in communication or a related field
completed by August, 2012, and a strong record of, or potential for,
outstanding teaching, research and service. The department seeks a
candidate with expertise in one or more approaches to discourse analysis
(e.g. multimodal discourse analysis, interactional sociolinguistics,
ethnography of communication, conversation analysis, critical discourse
analysis). The department encourages interdisciplinary research and has
emerging connections across the university, including in the areas of health,
collaborative design, conflict and collaboration, dialogue and citizenship,
environmental communication, women's and gender studies, LGBT issues
and disability studies, among others. The successful candidate will teach
undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of discourse analysis and
language and social interaction, in addition to developing courses in area of
specialty and being involved in MA thesis supervision. The Department
prides itself in having one of the strongest MA programs in the discipline and
in hiring for this position it wishes to strengthen an already growing program
with great reputation and potential.

Syracuse University is a private, coeducational and residential university. Its
full-time, main campus enrollment of 11,000+ undergraduates and 4,000+
graduate students represent the United States, about 100 foreign countries
and varied economic and social backgrounds. The university contains
nationally recognized programs in citizenship and mass communication. For
more information on the university, please visit http://www.syr.edu.

Syracuse University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
employer.

We will begin reviewing applications on December 1, 2011.

For more information and to apply visit http://www.sujobopps.com,
JOB#028441

Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/875v4d6

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2011 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://www.Click2Apply.net/875v4d6
Contact Information
	Apply Online
	Email: None at given.com