22.3924, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, U of Massachusetts

Sat Oct 8 01:29:22 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3924. Fri Oct 07 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3924, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, U of Massachusetts

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 07-Oct-2011
From: Sarah Vega-Liros [sarahv at linguist.umass.edu]
Subject: Language Acquisition: Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:27:38
From: Sarah Vega-Liros [sarahv at linguist.umass.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3924.html&submissionid=4533672&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Massachusetts Amherst
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.umass.edu/linguist/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

The Linguistics Department of the University of Massachusetts Amherst and
Commonwealth Honors College invite applications for a joint tenure-track
position for a theoretical linguist with a specialization in language
acquisition at the assistant professor level, starting September 1, 2012.
The position will involve advising and teaching at the graduate and
undergraduate levels as well as participating in initiatives to enrich the
offerings of Commonwealth Honors College. Commonwealth Honors College is
the undergraduate honors college at UMass Amherst, and as such half of the
teaching load for this position will be undergraduate honors courses
offered by the Linguistics Department. We seek applicants who can develop
and supervise experimental studies and whose research interests complement
those of the current Linguistics faculty.

Qualifications: Ph.D. in linguistics or related field by August 31, 2012
strongly preferred; but firm expectation of ABD by August 31, 2012 will be
considered. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The
standard teaching load is two courses per semester.

Applicants should submit a letter of application, statement of research and
teaching interests, curriculum vitae, copies of research papers, and
evidence of teaching ability, and they should arrange for three letters of
reference to be sent. Materials can be submitted online at the application
URL below.

Electronic submissions preferred. If unable to submit application online,
applications can be mailed to the application address below.

Questions about the application process may be directed to the Search
Administrator, Sarah Vega-Liros, contact information below.

Review of applications will begin on December 2, 2011 and continue until the
position is filled.

UMass Amherst is a member of the Academic Career Network, a resource for
dual-career couples (http://acn.fivecolleges.edu) and a member of the Five
College Consortium along with Amherst, Hampshire, Smith and Mt. Holyoke
Colleges. The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The Linguistics Department is committed
to increasing the diversity of the faculty, student body, and curriculum.
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 02-Dec-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Acquisition Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics, 226 South College
	University of Massachusetts
	150 Hicks Way
	Amherst, MA 01003
	USA