22.3939, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; NLP; Programmer, BCL Technologies

Sat Oct 8 18:40:22 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3939. Sat Oct 08 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3939, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; NLP; Programmer, BCL Technologies

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Oct-2011
From: Hassan Alam [hassana at bcltechnologies.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Programmer, BCL Technologies, CA, USA

Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 14:38:39
From: Hassan Alam [hassana at bcltechnologies.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3939.html&submissionid=4533721&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: BCL Technologies
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.bcltechnologies.com
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and skilled Computational
Linguist/NLP software engineer to develop software in IR-related technology. In
this role you will write programs, for example, to extract named entities - date -
value triples from well-formed written English text. You should have very strong
programming skills (C/C++, C#, and/or Java) with knowledge of relevant
linguistic theories and familiarity with current state-of-the-art tools.

Desired experience and qualifications are:
-  Four-year college degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or
Computer Engineering
-  Must be able to write excellent code in C/C++, C#, and/or Java; STL,
ASP.NET, Windows API, .NET framework, COM, Design Pattern, and Algorithm
-  3 years+ programming experience
-  Experience in building production quality software, and understanding of full
cycle
-  Deep knowledge of Windows Operating system and its applications
-  XML and HTML experience will be a plus
-  Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
-  Attention to detail is extremely important

BCL Technologies is a leader in document management solutions and
professional services, serving Global 1000 clients such GE, Adobe, Johnson &
Johnson, IBM and Intel, since 1994.

Please visit our website listed above for more information.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Hassan Alam
	990 Linden Dr.
	Santa Clara, CA 95050