22.3959, Jobs: English; Applied Ling: Asst Prof, American University of Sharjah

Tue Oct 11 00:58:00 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3959. Mon Oct 10 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3959, Jobs: English; Applied Ling: Asst Prof, American University of Sharjah

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 10-Oct-2011
From: John Battenburg [jbattenburg at aus.edu]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:57:11
From: John Battenburg [jbattenburg at aus.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3959.html&submissionid=4533841&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: American University of Sharjah
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Faculty Position in TESOL/English Linguistics with expertise in ESP:

The Department of English at the American University of Sharjah seeks a
full-time faculty member with a background in TESOL/English Linguistics
with expertise in English for Specific Purposes (ESP) to teach courses in
Advanced Academic Writing, English for Engineers, and Writing for Business
as well as courses in their area of expertise.

Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in a relevant field and a scholarly
publication record. Preference will be given to applicants with experience
in teaching non-native English speakers at the university level and
teaching in a liberal arts environment. Familiarity with North American
higher education is also beneficial.

AUS is located in the emirate of Sharjah, adjacent to Dubai, UAE. Founded
in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qassimi, AUS is
an independent, not-for-profit coeducational university in the Gulf,
serving some 5,500 students of 82 nationalities. The American University
of Sharjah (AUS) is accredited by the Commission of Higher Education of the
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.

Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration,
applications must be received before December 15, 2011. Interested
applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a
statement of research, a statement of teaching philosophy, and three
letters of recommendation to Dr. Mark Rush, Dean, College of Arts &
Sciences, e-mail: cashr at aus.edu

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2011

Email Address for Applications: cashr at aus.edu
Contact Information: