22.3513, Jobs: Spanish; General Ling: Assistant Professor, College of Charleston

Wed Sep 7 22:44:18 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3513. Wed Sep 07 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3513, Jobs: Spanish; General Ling: Assistant Professor, College of Charleston

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 07-Sep-2011
From: Elizabeth Martinez-Gibson [martineze at cofc.edu]
Subject: Spanish; General Linguistics: Assistant Professor, College of Charleston, SC, USA

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 18:41:09
From: Elizabeth Martinez-Gibson [martineze at cofc.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3513.html&submissionid=4531324&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: College of Charleston
Department: Hispanic Studies
Job Location: South Carolina, USA
Web Address: http://cofc.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

College of Charleston
Hispanic Studies, Charleston, S.C. 29424-0001
Assistant Professor of Spanish

Specialty in linguistics to teach undergraduate Spanish at all levels, with
possibilities for occasional general linguistics in the Interdisciplinary
Linguistics Minor Program and both Spanish and general linguistics in the
M. Ed. program. Ph.D., collegiate teaching experience, scholarly ambition,
strong command of Spanish and English required; at least two years of full
time teaching experience preferred. Ability to teach Portuguese a plus, but
not required. Full benefits and competitive salary. Additional duties may
include, but are not restricted to, occasional directing of summer and
semester study programs in Spain and Hispanic America, advising students
and clubs; participating in department and college functions.

We seek an enthusiastic teacher dedicated to teaching and working with
undergraduate students in our large Spanish program. To apply, send: (1)
letter of application detailing experience/preparation; (2) CV; (3)
300-word teaching philosophy; (4) three recent letters of recommendation;
(5) unofficial transcripts to Dr. Elizabeth Martínez-Gibson at the
application address below. Must be received by November 1, 2011: electronic
submissions of materials AND one paper copy to Dr. Elizabeth
Martínez-Gibson (application email address and application address below).
Incomplete applications and these received after the deadline will not be
considered. Preliminary interviews conducted from Charleston via Skype.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

To learn more about the College of Charleston, visit our web-page at
http://www.cofc.edu; for Hispanic Studies, visit http://spanish.cofc.edu/.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Elizabeth Martinez-Gibson
	Search Chair, Hispanic Studies Dept