22.3556, Qs: Survey for English and Spanish Speakers/Students

Mon Sep 12 14:38:54 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3556. Mon Sep 12 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3556, Qs: Survey for English and Spanish Speakers/Students

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Woo <bwoo at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Sep-2011
From: Christopher Sams [samsc at sfasu.edu]

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:37:33
From: Christopher Sams [samsc at sfasu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3556.html&submissionid=4531701&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear Colleagues,

I hope this finds you well in the new academic year.

My name is Chris Sams and I am the principle investigator on a
research project in which we are examining the knowledge that English
and Spanish speakers have about when to use 'tú' and when to use
'Usted' in Spanish. The following link takes speakers/students to a
survey that should take 15 minutes of their time:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q5QK7MB

The survey will be open for 7 days. We would appreciate if you could
pass the link along to your colleagues/department; we are seeking
students who are studying Spanish at any level as well as native
speakers. At the end of the survey, there is a confirmation page should
you or your colleagues choose to have students print it out as proof of
participation as I know some professors give extra credit for
participating in studies.

The study should be concluded by the end of September; please feel
free to e-mail me in early October if you are interested in our findings.

Thank you again for your assistance,

Chris Sams

                     Language Acquisition