22.3557, Jobs: Spanish as a Heritage Lang; Asst Prof, New Mexico State U

Mon Sep 12 15:01:07 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3557. Mon Sep 12 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3557, Jobs: Spanish as a Heritage Lang; Asst Prof, New Mexico State U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Sep-2011
From: Jay Venegas [jvenegas at nmsu.edu]
Subject: Spanish as a Heritage Language; Assistant Professor, New Mexico State University, NM, USA

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:59:56
From: Jay Venegas [jvenegas at nmsu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3557.html&submissionid=4531582&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: New Mexico State University
Department: Languages and Linguistics
Job Location: New Mexico, USA
Web Address: http://www.nmsu.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Tenure track. Ph.D. in hand by August 2012 in a field related to linguistic,
cultural, and/or pedagogical aspects of Spanish as a Heritage Language.
Native/near-native proficiency in both Spanish and English. Strong background
and demonstrated research interest in Spanish as a Heritage Language.
Coordinate Spanish as a Heritage Language Program. Teach, at BA and MA
levels, face to face and online, introductory and advanced language courses in
Spanish as a Heritage Language, courses related to research and teaching of
speakers of Spanish as a Heritage Language and courses in one or more of the
following areas: Spanish Linguistics, Literature, Culture and/or Translation.
Salary competitive.

Send letter, C.V., transcripts & three recent letters of recommendation to the
application address below. Formal screening will begin October 31, 2011 and
search will remain open until the position is filled. NMSU is an EEO/AA
employer.

Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Patricia MacGregor-Mendoza
	Search Committee - Spanish as a Heritage Language
	New Mexico State University, MSC 3L
	P.O. Box 30001
	Las Cruces, US 88003
	USA