22.3566, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Researcher, eBay

Mon Sep 12 18:51:40 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3566. Mon Sep 12 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3566, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Researcher, eBay

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Sep-2011
From: Nitin Indurkhya [nindurkhya at ebay.com]
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Researcher, eBay, CA, USA

Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:50:29
From: Nitin Indurkhya [nindurkhya at ebay.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3566.html&submissionid=4531804&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: eBay
Department: eBay Research Labs
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://labs.ebay.com
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

The eBay Research Labs is a team of domain-area experts and researchers.
With hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers, and hundreds of millions of live
listings at any point of time, millions of daily transactions and billions of daily
queries on eBay, the labs provides an amazing playground for researchers to
work with data and conduct experiments at scale. The labs is currently starting
a Natural Language Processing center of excellence and is hiring NLP and text
mining experts. We have many positions available for researchers.

Primary Job Responsibilities
-  Conduct world class research in the area of NLP and text mining
-  Support the research activities of other members of the research labs
-  Develop rapid prototypes to showcase new business ideas or the capabilities
of emerging enabling technologies
-  Participate in evolving business and technology innovation ideas and
developing them to align with the business strategies

Job Requirements
-  Ph.D. or equivalent in NLP or text mining
-  Excellent hands on algorithmic, server side, and client-side programming
skills
-  Highly creative and innovative in problem solving and willing to experiment
with new ideas and technologies
-  Strong leadership skills, an ability to learn quickly, and a 'can-do' attitude
-  Excellent interpersonal skills and presentation skills, including the ability to
communicate effectively in small and large groups, and at various levels of the
organization

If you yearn to drive invention and innovation across eBay Marketplaces,
Paypal, and beyond, and are looking for employment opportunities, please
submit your resume at the application email address below.

Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2012

Email Address for Applications: researchlabs at ebay.com
Contact Information:
	Dr Nitin Indurkhya