22.3735, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Georgetown University

Sat Sep 24 18:55:16 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3735. Sat Sep 24 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3735, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Georgetown University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 24-Sep-2011
From: Deborah Tannen [tannend at georgetown.edu]
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Georgetown University, DC, USA

Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:53:32
From: Deborah Tannen [tannend at georgetown.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3735.html&submissionid=4532722&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Georgetown University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.georgetown.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

The Department of Linguistics at Georgetown University is pleased to
announce one of two tenure-track positions in Sociolinguistics at the
Assistant Professor level. We seek candidates who have a strong record of
research and teaching, and ability to teach courses at the undergraduate
and graduate levels, in any combination of subfields including but not
limited to: analysis of videotaped interaction; computer mediated
communication; language and gender, space, politics, religion or identity;
intercultural communication; classroom interaction; or
macrosociolinguistics (including language policy and planning, bi- and
multilingualism, and language endangerment). The appointment will start on
August 1, 2012. Applicants must have completed all requirements for the PhD
degree by the time of the appointment.

Georgetown University is a global university with ambition to continue to
build a world-class faculty that is diverse and inclusive in all material
ways. We look to welcome to our faculty new colleagues who bring strengths
we do not now have or ones that need reinforcement and extension.
Georgetown University is interested in applicants with experience and
interest in 1) communities of color, 2) cultures other than their own, 3)
culturally diverse groups and 4) developing and implementing curricula that
address multicultural issues.

Applications must be sent both by surface mail and by email (in pdf
format), and should be received by November 15, 2011 for full
consideration. Dossiers should include a letter of application, curriculum
vitae, at least one representative publication, and names (with contact
information) of three references.

Applications should be addressed to the application address and email
address below.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Deborah Tannen, Chair
	Sociolinguistics Search Committee
	Linguistics Department, Georgetown University
	Box 571051, 1437 37th St., N.W., Poulton Hall 240
	Washington, DC 20057-1051
	USA
Email Address for Applications: tannend at georgetown.edu
Contact Information: