23.168, FYI: 2013 LSA Institute: Call for Course Proposals

Tue Jan 10 16:42:37 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-168. Tue Jan 10 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.168, FYI: 2013 LSA Institute: Call for Course Proposals

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 09-Jan-2012
From: Andries Coetzee [coetzee at umich.edu]
Subject: 2013 LSA Institute: Call for Course Proposals

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:42:28
From: Andries Coetzee [coetzee at umich.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-168.html&submissionid=4538793&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The 2013 Linguistic Institute will take place on the campus of the
University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, with major sponsorship by the
Linguistic Society of America and the University of Michigan. The
theme of the 2013 Linguistic Institute is ''Universality and Variability.''
The Institute theme reflects the unusual synergies currently emerging
in our field tied to exploring and modeling what is invariant about
human language while also working to understand the complexities of
linguistic variability.

The Institute, which will take place from June 24-July 19, 2013, is
seeking proposals for courses. Specifically, we seek courses for the
Institute devoted to new lines of inquiry, with an emphasis on inter- and
intra-disciplinary investigation and methodological best practices as
linked to the Institute theme.

The call for proposals, with detailed instructions, is available at:
http://lsa2013.lsa.umich.edu/call-for-course-proposals.html.

Proposals should be sent electronically to lsa2013 at umich.edu. The
deadline for receiving course proposals is 5 pm, February 17, 2012.