23.245, Jobs: Syntax: Post Doc, University of Maryland

Fri Jan 13 15:14:33 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-245. Fri Jan 13 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.245, Jobs: Syntax: Post Doc, University of Maryland

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 12-Jan-2012
From: Norbert Hornstein [nhornste at umd.edu]
Subject: Syntax: Post Doc, University of Maryland, MD, USA

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:13:07
From: Norbert Hornstein [nhornste at umd.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-245.html&submissionid=4538966&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Maryland
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Maryland, USA
Web Address: http://ling.umd.edu/
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Syntax

The Linguistics Department at the University of Maryland invites applications
for a one year (renewable for a second year) post doc position in syntax
beginning August 2012. Applicants for the position should already have a
PhD or expect to have one by August 2012, should be prepared to teach
courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and should have a
solid foundation in linguistic theory. The ideal candidate should have broader
interests that interface with one or more of the department's strengths in
psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, or computational linguistics.

Letters of application should be sent to the application address or email
address below. Applicants should (i) send a current cv (ii) samples of written
work, (iii) teaching evaluations (if available) and (iv) arrange to have three
letters of reference sent. For best consideration, applications should arrive
March 15 2012. EO/AAE.

Application Deadline: 15-Mar-2012 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Norbert Hornstein, Department Chair
	Linguistics Department
	1401 Marie Mount Hall