23.432, Jobs: Language Sciences: Post Doc, University of Rochester

Fri Jan 27 21:50:40 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-432. Fri Jan 27 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.432, Jobs: Language Sciences: Post Doc, University of Rochester

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 27-Jan-2012
From: Jeffrey Runner [jeffrey.runner at rochester.edu]
Subject: Language Sciences: Post Doc, University of Rochester, NY, USA

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:49:55
From: Jeffrey Runner [jeffrey.runner at rochester.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-432.html&submissionid=4539688&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Rochester
Department: Center for Language Sciences
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/cls/index.html
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Language Sciences

The Center for the Language Sciences at the University of Rochester seeks
one outstanding postdoctoral fellow for a NIH-funded training grant. The
Center brings together faculty and students with interests in spoken and
signed languages from the Departments of Brain and Cognitive Sciences,
Computer Science, Linguistics, and Philosophy, as well as the
interdepartmental program in Neuroscience. We encourage applicants from
any of these or related disciplines who have expertise in any area of natural
language. The training faculty has combined expertise in formal, behavioral,
computational and imaging (fMRI, ultrasound) approaches to understanding
the structure, processing, production and acquisition of natural language, and
we encourage applicants who work in any of these areas. We are particularly
interested in postdoctoral fellows who want to contribute to an interdisciplinary
community.

NIH fellowships are open only to US citizens or permanent residents.
Applicants should send a letter describing their graduate training and
research interests, a curriculum vitae, and arrange to have three letters of
recommendation sent to: Professor Jeffrey T. Runner, c/o Kathy Corser
(kcorser at bcs.rochester.edu). Review of applications will begin on February
20, 2012 and continue until the position is filled. Appointees must have
successfully defended their dissertation prior to the start date, which is after
July 1, 2012. We strongly encourage applications from women and members
of under-represented minorities.

Application Deadline: 20-Feb-2012 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: kcorser at bcs.rochester.edu
Contact Information:
	Jeffrey Runner
	Email: jeffrey.runner at rochester.edu