23.4541, Calls: Applied Ling, Translation, Psycholing, General Ling/Poland

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 31 15:16:46 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4541. Wed Oct 31 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4541, Calls: Applied Ling, Translation, Psycholing, General Ling/Poland

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:16:10
From: Paweł Zakrajewski [pawel.zakrajewski at go2.pl]
Subject: Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4541.html&submissionid=4556914&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars
Short Title: SMYS

Date: 18-Mar-2013 - 19-Mar-2013
Location: Szczyrk, Poland
Contact Person: Dagmara Gałajda, Paweł Zakrajewski
Meeting Email: smys2013 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://uranos.cto.us.edu.pl/~icfsla/smys/index.htm

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2012

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the 1st Silesian Meeting of Young Scholars (SMYS) organised by the Institute of English at the University of Silesia will be held on 18-19 March 2013 in Szczyrk. SMYS Organisers wish to encourage PhD candidates to present their contributions as well as to participate without a paper in the workshops and discussions. With this Conference we would like to promote research projects of young linguists at the beginning of their career as well as to help younger and less experienced scholars in the field with their theses. Therefore, we would like to invite all PhD candidates who share an interest in linguistics and its sub-fields. As the Conference will cover a variety of themes, we hope to attract young researchers investigating the field of applied linguistics, translation studies and psycholinguistics. All those wishing to contribute papers or just to attend workshops are welcome to participate in the Conference.

Call for Papers:

All PhD students interested in participating in any of the thematic workshops are asked to send a 500 word description of their thesis proposal, which will then be presented by them (20 minutes) and discussed with the facilitators and other PhD students during the workshop.

Paper abstracts should be sent before 15 December 2012 to our email address: smys2013 at gmail.com.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/