23.3926, Calls: Spanish, Portuguese, General Linguistics/USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Sep 22 14:50:35 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3926. Sat Sep 22 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3926, Calls: Spanish, Portuguese, General Linguistics/USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:47:04
From: Miguel Garcia [osuchill2013 at gmail.com]
Subject: Ohio State Congress on Hispanic and Lusophone Linguistics 2013

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3926.html&submissionid=4553967&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Ohio State Congress on Hispanic and Lusophone Linguistics 2013
Short Title: OSUCHiLL2013

Date: 05-Apr-2013 - 06-Apr-2013
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Contact Person: Miguel Garcia
Meeting Email: osuchill2013 at gmail.com

Subject Language(s): Portuguese (por)
                     Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 15-Dec-2012

Meeting Description:

The Ohio State University Congress on Hispanic and Lusophone Linguistics (OSUCHiLL) 2013
April 5-6, 2013
The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio

Keynote Speakers:

Erin O'Rourke, University of Alabama
Manuel Díaz-Campos, Indiana University

Workshop:

'An Introduction to R for Sociolinguistics'
Sonia Barnes, The Ohio State University

Call for Papers:

We welcome papers dealing with any theoretical aspect of Hispanic or Lusophone Linguistics including but not limited to sociolinguistics, pragmatics, phonetics, phonology, morphology, psycholinguistics, semantics and syntax. Talks will be allotted 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for discussion, and may be given in English, Spanish or Portuguese. We also welcome papers that discuss creoles or indigenous languages of Hispanic and Lusophone countries.

Abstracts written in English, Spanish or Portuguese should be anonymous and no more than 500 words in length. Abstracts should be sent as a PDF attachment with the subject 'LINGUISTICS CONGRESS' to osuchill2013 at gmail.com. Please do not put your name on the abstract itself. In the body of the email, please include the following information:

Name
Affiliation
Email address
Linguistic subfield
Paper title

Details will be posted on our website shortly:

http://www.sppo.osu.edu/symposium

Conference Organizers:

Catherine Nussbaum, nussbaum.33 at osu.edu
Karen López Alonzo, lopez-alonzo.1 at osu.edu