24.365, Jobs: English; Applied Ling; TESOL: Asst/Assoc Prof, The University of Aizu
linguist at linguistlist.org
linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 21 17:17:52 UTC 2013
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-365. Mon Jan 21 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 24.365, Jobs: English; Applied Ling; TESOL: Asst/Assoc Prof, The University of Aizu
Moderators: Anthony Aristar, Eastern Michigan U <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry, Eastern Michigan U <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Reviews: Veronika Drake, U of Wisconsin Madison
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison
<reviews at linguistlist.org>
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <uliana at linguistlist.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:17:03
From: John Brine [clr-position at u-aizu.ac.jp]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; TESOL: Assistant/Associate Professor, The University of Aizu, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: The University of Aizu
Job Location: Aizu-Wakamatsu, Japan
Web Address: http://clrweb.u-aizu.ac.jp/positions/
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Center for Language Research, University of Aizu, Japan
Associate or Senior Associate level, based on candidate qualifications. Now
accepting applications for three tenure-track appointments.
Starting Date: October 1, 2013 (or as soon thereafter as possible)
- Doctorate in hand (or proof of imminent completion).
- Experience in teaching English as a foreign language. (Experience in EFL
for computer science or engineering students will be viewed favorably.)
- Among other specializations, our center has a need for applicants with
training and experience in assessment of language proficiency; and/or
experience with computer-assisted language learning, although our primary
consideration will be the selection of a candidate from those with strengths
in English language teaching.
- Scholarly publications and professional experience.
- International experience (preferable to have lived, studied, or worked
outside one’s native country).
Teach 4-5 courses per semester (including one thesis writing course; each
course meets for 90 minutes per week), develop instruction, serve on
committees, conduct research and publish
Highly competitive, and based on the university’s established salary scale
- Subsidized furnished housing in faculty apartments
- Large, well-equipped private office in modern building
- New-employee allowance for computer and research equipment
- Well-equipped, high-tech classrooms
- Annual budget for research, business travel, academic memberships, etc.
- Consulting and other business activities permitted
- Winter utilities allowance
- Full-time employment with retirement and health benefits
- Transportation costs to Aizuwakamatsu
- Only two and a half hours from Tokyo by train
Please see http://clrweb.u-aizu.ac.jp
Include the following documents combined in a single PDF file in the
prescribed order below. Please do not use online CV services.
- Cover letter (in English)
- CV (in English)
- Copies of two representative publications (in English)
- Name, affiliation, and contact information (including email) of three
people who will recommend you
- Photocopies of university diplomas (with English translations if not
originally in English)
- URLs of any online work or educational materials (in English)
All documents should be sent to the application email address below.
Review of applications will begin immediately and conclude on March 1, 2013
Application Deadline: 01-Mar-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
Professor Kyoko Okudaira
Office for Planning and Management
University of Aizu
Attention: CLR Faculty Selection Committee
Email Address for Applications: clr-position at u-aizu.ac.jp
Web Address for Applications: http://clrweb.u-aizu.ac.jp/positions/
Professor John Brine
Email: clr-position at u-aizu.ac.jp
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-365
More information about the Linguist