24.2717, Calls: General Linguistics/Australia

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 5 17:26:15 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2717. Fri Jul 05 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2717, Calls: General Linguistics/Australia

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 13:25:31
From: Alexandra Muir [alexandra.muir at aiatsis.gov.au]
Subject: AIATSIS National Indigenous Studies Conference

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2717.html&submissionid=16965182&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: AIATSIS National Indigenous Studies Conference

Date: 26-Mar-2014 - 28-Mar-2014
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Contact Person: Alexandra Muir
Meeting Email: 50yearson at aiatsis.gov.au
Web Site: http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/research/50yearson.html

Call Deadline: 25-Oct-2013

Meeting Description:

The 2014 AIATSIS National Indigenous Studies Conference will look at how far we have come in the area of Indigenous studies in Australia in the past 50 years. It will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the legislated establishment of the Australian Institute of Aboriginal Studies (now AIATSIS) as well as 50 years of leadership and excellence in Indigenous studies by AIATSIS.

The conference will be held from Wednesday 26 - Friday 28 March 2014 at the National Convention Centre in Canberra, with a welcome reception on Tuesday 25 March on the grounds outside the AIATSIS building.

The conference will bring together multi-disciplinary expertise from across the Indigenous studies sector, including researchers, policy makers, community members, academics, representative organisations, consultants, traditional owners and service providers. Whether your interest in the conference topic is from the perspective of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education, health, cultural heritage, arts, policy, sport, economics, language, anthropology, archives, IT or other equally relevant sectors, the conference presents a unique opportunity to communicate information about your research, projects and programs with a wide audience and to benefit from discussion around shared areas of interest.

Call for Papers:

We invite you to submit an abstract of a research-based paper for consideration for the 2014 National Indigenous Studies Conference program. Conference papers must relate to the conference title ‘50 Years: Breaking Barriers in Indigenous Research and Thinking’ in any of the many areas that make up the field of Indigenous studies, including but not limited to:

- Health and well-being
- Language
- Native title
- Education
- History
- Art
- Law
- Culture
- Sport
- Youth

We encourage you to submit proposals for papers, workshops and panels for consideration by the conference convenors.

Please submit your proposal with an abstract (up to 200 words), biography for each presenter (up to 150 words for each presenter) and the ‘call for papers’ submission form (please ensure all presenters sign off on application) to 50yearson at aiatsis.gov.au by Friday 25 October 2013.  We recommend that you read the guidelines set out in the call for papers document on our website before you start the submission process.

Please see our website at http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/research/50yearson.html.

The program convenors will endeavour to meet your proposal, but this may not always be possible and another choice may be offered to include you in the program.

If you have any questions, please contact us on 02 6261 4223 or via email at 50yearson at aiatsis.gov.au.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/