24.2257, Jobs: Comp Ling; Natural Lang Dialog Systems; Speech Recognition: Scientist, SRI International

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri May 31 15:36:05 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2257. Fri May 31 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2257, Jobs: Comp Ling; Natural Lang Dialog Systems; Speech Recognition: Scientist, SRI International

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel <caylen at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 11:33:18
From: Victoria Jackson [employment at sri.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Dialog Systems; Speech Recognition: Scientist, SRI International, California, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2257.html&submissionid=13825116&topicid=7&msgnumber=1
 University or Organization: SRI International
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.sri.com
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Dialog Systems; Speech Recognition

SRI International has been at the forefront of speech and natural language
research for decades, and has recently been very active in commercialization
of aspects of that research (through spinoffs including Siri, Trapit, Desti,
and Kuato, in addition to licenses with major companies). Our current
technology platform offers an end-to-end spoken natural language dialog
solution for many applications. We see this as just the beginning of the
capabilities that will be needed in this rapidly growing area.

We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded senior scientist to develop and lead
an R&D program in natural language dialog systems, with emphasis on dialog
management. Responsibilities include planning and promoting government and
especially commercially-funded research projects in the area, leading and
participating in those projects, and contributing to creation of commercial
ventures and licenses.

Requirements:
- PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, linguistics or related
discipline.
- Established record in research as evidenced by publications, reputation, and
general quality of contribution
- Five to eight years of experience in any of the following areas are
preferred:
* Artificial intelligence
* Intelligent agents: Agent communication languages, agent architectures
* Spoken language systems: Speech recognition, natural language understanding,
dialogue, conversational agents
* User centered design

Apply online using the application website provided below.
Job ID: 101891

SRI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer

Web Address for Applications: http://www.sri.com/careers
Contact Information:
	Victoria Jackson
	Email: employment at sri.com