24.4653, Support: General Linguistics/Kentucky, USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 21 15:11:43 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4653. Thu Nov 21 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4653, Support: General Linguistics/Kentucky, USA

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <uliana at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:11:04
From: Gregory Stump [gstump at uky.edu]
Subject: Ma/MSc Student, University of Kentucky, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4653.html&submissionid=23315197&topicid=12&msgnumber=1
 Institution/Organization: University of Kentucky
Department: Linguistics Program
Web Address: http://linguistics.as.uky.edu/

Level: MA / MSc

Duties: Research,Teaching

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Linguistics Program at the University of Kentucky offers a Master’s degree in Linguistic Theory & Typology (MALTT).  Students pursuing this degree receive training in theoretical approaches to understanding and explaining empirical linguistic evidence. We emphasize the analysis and modeling of linguistic patterns by means of computational and quantitative methods. Students typically follow either a morphosyntax track or a sociolinguistics track.

Most of our graduate students receive teaching assistantships (TA), for which they work as graders or instructors in linguistics or writing courses.  We also have research assistantships (RA) for work on a variety of projects in a range of capacities, including editorial work on book projects, work on organizing conferences, and grant proposal preparation.

The Linguistics Program also offers both a major and a minor in linguistics at the undergraduate level.  Our faculty conduct cutting-edge research in morphosyntax,sociolinguistics and historical linguistics.  The University of Kentucky is located in Lexington, the heart of Kentucky's bluegrass region.

Students applying for admission to the MALTT program automatically become candidates for a TA/RA position. Assistantship decisions will be made after the application deadline of January 15 2014.

Application Deadline: 15-Jan-2014

Web Address for Applications: http://linguistics.as.uky.edu/maltt

Contact Information:
	Professor Gregory Stump