24.3910, Qs: Survey for American Linguists: word learning study

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 7 14:22:48 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3910. Mon Oct 07 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3910, Qs: Survey for American Linguists: word learning study

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alex Isotalo <alx at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 10:22:30
From: Marta Marecka [mmarecka at wa.amu.edu.pl]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3910.html&submissionid=20987162&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I would like to invite all American linguists to take part in a survey that is a part of a project on foreign word learning that I coordinate at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan. The aim of the survey is to test stimuli for a word learning study. The survey consists of a short story and 39 recordings that have to be assessed by native speakers of American English.

If you'd like to help, you can access the survey here (JavaScript has to be enabled):
http://wordstudy.wa.amu.edu.pl/en.htm

The project is financed by National Science Centre in Poland and it will be a part of my PhD research, conducted at the Faculty of English at Adam Mickiewicz University. If you are interested in the project or have any further questions regarding the research or the survey, please contact me at mmarecka at wa.amu.edu.pl.

Best regards,
Marta Marecka
Interdisciplinary PhD Programme ''Language, Society, Technology & Cognition''
Faculty of English,
Adam Mickiewicz University
http://wa.amu.edu.pl/wa/

                     Phonetics