25.3324, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Product Analyst - Language Arts, IXL Learning
The LINGUIST List
linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 20 19:05:00 UTC 2014
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3324. Wed Aug 20 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 25.3324, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Product Analyst - Language Arts, IXL Learning
Moderators: Damir Cavar, Indiana U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Malgorzata E. Cavar, Indiana U <gosia at linguistlist.org>
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org
Anthony Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>
Helen Aristar-Dry <hdry at linguistlist.org>
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:04:54
From: Bridget Antle [careers at ixl.com]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Product Analyst - Language Arts, IXL Learning
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: IXL Learning
Job Location: Select State, USA
Web Address: http://www.ixl.com/
Job Title: Product Analyst - Language Arts
Job Rank: Other; Product Analyst - Language Arts
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
IXL's new language arts component helps students master grammar
and vocabulary like never before. Students will see their abilities soar
as they interact with engaging texts, correct grammatical errors, and
decode new words in a variety of contexts.
The foundation of IXL.com is our ability to automatically generate
exceptional questions and explanations – and that’s where you come
in. As a product analyst for language arts, you will be involved in all
aspects of the content development cycle, including conceptualization,
design, testing, and support. Your educational insight, creative
solutions, and extraordinarily high standards will drive the success of
our language arts product.
- Brainstorm ideas for new skills and question types.
- Research and analyze content requirements, including state and
Common Core standards.
- Design engaging, interactive grammar, vocabulary, and phonics
- Write and edit user-facing content and explanations.
- Produce innovative, simple solutions to design issues.
- Vigilantly search for bugs and ensure they are properly destroyed.
- Understand our users and their educational needs.
- Help diagnose and resolve user support issues.
- Coordinate projects with employees from other departments.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Education, English, Linguistics, or
- Demonstrated technical abilities.
- Extremely strong written and spoken communication skills,
including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide
variety of age groups.
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a wide variety of teams.
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple
- Passion for improving education through technology.
- Knowledge of computer programming and Web technologies is a
- Interest or experience in K-12 education is a plus.
IXL Learning is an educational technology company like no other. We
develop dramatically innovative, first-of-their-kind products used by
millions of learners, from children to adults. Our IXL product (located
at IXL.com) is the world's most popular subscription-based learning
site for K-12. Our other products include Quia Web, the original
'create-your-own' website for teachers, and Quia Books, the leading
online platform for world-languages courses.
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2015
Web Address for Applications: https://hire.jobvite.com/j?aj=o80fXfw4&s=linguistlist
Recruiting Specialist Bridget Antle
Email: careers at ixl.com
LINGUIST List: Vol-25-3324
More information about the Linguist