25.337, Calls: Applied Ling, Socioling, Lang Acquisition, Translation, General Ling/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 20 18:35:45 UTC 2014

LINGUIST List: Vol-25-337. Mon Jan 20 2014. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 25.337, Calls: Applied Ling, Socioling, Lang Acquisition, Translation, General Ling/UK

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:35:17
From: Alex Pratt [ampratt at iafor.org]
Subject: European Conference on Language Learning 2014

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=25-337.html&submissionid=26395811&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: European Conference on Language Learning 2014
Short Title: ECLL2014

Date: 09-Jul-2014 - 13-Jul-2014
Location: Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom
Contact Person: The International Academic Forum; Alex Pratt
Meeting Email: ecll at iafor.org
Web Site: http://iafor.org/iafor/conferences/the-european-conference-on-language-learning-2014/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2014

Meeting Description:

2014 Conference Theme: ”Individual, Community, Society: Connecting, Learning and Growing”

The 2013 event was a great celebration of language learning and teaching with 300 registrants from over 40 countries sharing their ideas, research and experiences,  and we look forward to building on the conversations and partnerships that have developed over the past year.

What better place than an IAFOR conference to connect with like-minded teachers and researchers, to learn about current trends and cutting edge developments, and to grow as a teacher, as a researcher, as a member of the profession? ECLL 2014 is the place to hear about best practices as they are implemented in language classrooms around the world, and with IAFOR conferences regularly attracting participants from 40 countries, this year’s event promises to offer exceptional opportunities for networking, whether it is during sessions, over coffee during a break, or at the conference dinner.

As always, we invite language educators, administrators, policy makers, and others to join us at ECLL 2014 as we share what we are doing individually and as a community of teachers making our mark on society.

The aim of this International Conference is to encourage academics, scholars and practitioners representing a exciting diversity of countries, cultures, and religion to meet and exchange ideas and views in a forum encouraging respectful dialogue. By bringing together a number of university scholars working throughout Europe and beyond to share ideas, ECLL 2014 will afford the opportunity for renewing old acquaintances, making new contacts, and networking across higher education and beyond.

We look forward to seeing you in Brighton in 2014!

Professor Steve Cornwell
ECLL 2014 Conference Chair
Professor, Department of International and English Interdisciplinary Studies, Osaka Women’s University, Japan
Director of Programs, & Member of the Board of Directors, Japan Association of Language Teachers (JALT)

Professor Barbara Lockee
ECLL 2014 Conference Co-Chair
Professor of Instructional Design and Technology. Associate Director of Educational Research and Outreach in the School of Education, Virginia Tech, USA

Call for Papers:

Abstract deadline: 1 March 2014

The conference theme is “Individual, Community, Society: Connecting, Learning and Growing”, and the organizers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of disciplines and fields related to Language Learning and Teaching.

Submission Procedure:

Please note that you are asked to submit only one proposal of any kind to the ECLL 2014 conference. The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2014.

Abstract Submission Process:

Acceptance of Abstract: If your abstract is accepted by the review team and you pay the conference registration fee by the specified deadline, your submission will be scheduled in an appropriate session for oral or poster presentation at the conference.

General Information:

- Abstracts of no more than 250 words should be submitted by the deadline of March 1, 2014.
- All abstracts will be blind reviewed by a voluntary team, and authors will usually be notified of the decision of the reviewers within two weeks of submission. Those who submit near the March 1 deadline will usually receive confirmation of acceptance or rejection by March 15 2013.
- We encourage you to submit in good time & well before the submission deadline in order to benefit from early bird rates.
- All accepted authors may have their full paper published in the online conference proceedings. Full text submission is due by September 1, 2014.
- The deadline for full conference payment for all presenters is June 1, 2014.

Please see the website for more information: http://iafor.org/iafor/ecll2014-call-for-papers/.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/