26.1767, Fund Drive 2015: Microsoft Natural Language Group Tops Business Challenge Leaderboard!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 2 02:13:21 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1767. Wed Apr 01 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1767, Fund Drive 2015: Microsoft Natural Language Group Tops Business Challenge Leaderboard!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 22:10:58
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are so close to hitting the $20,000 mark! Will you help us reach that number today by donating?

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business and subfield in our challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. Syntax ($3,316)
2. Computational Linguistics ($2,240)
3. Sociolinguistics ($2,186)
4. Phonology ($2,100)
5. Historical Linguistics ($1,390)

Will syntax continue to hold the lead next into the week, or will another subfield step up and take the top spot and hit the $4,000 mark? We can’t wait to see!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($2,150)
2. University of Washington ($1,170)
3. Stanford University ($1,065)
4. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South Africa ($820)
5. University of California, Santa Barbara ($675)

We received a very generous donation from Indiana University Bloomington today, helping them hold onto first place! IUB has ranked first throughout the Fund Drive, but will another university take over this week?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Currently, Microsoft Natural Language Group is the only name in our Business Challenge. Donate under your company’s name to get on the list with them!

To make a donation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

We thank everyone for their support during our first two three of Fund Drive and ask all of our subscribers to show their support in any amount that they can!

Best wishes,
The LINGUIST List Team