26.1770, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/UK
The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST
linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 2 14:38:10 UTC 2015
LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1770. Thu Apr 02 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 26.1770, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/UK
Moderators: linguist at linguistlist.org (Damir Cavar, Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry, Sara Couture)
************* LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive *************
Please support the LL editors and operation with a donation at:
Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 10:38:04
From: Clemens Poppe [GemCon at ninjal.ac.jp]
Subject: ICPhS 2015 Satellite Workshop on ‘Geminate Consonants across the World’
Full Title: ICPhS 2015 Satellite Workshop on ‘Geminate Consonants across the World’
Short Title: GemCon2015
Date: 12-Aug-2015 - 12-Aug-2015
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Haruo Kubozono
Meeting Email: GemCon at ninjal.ac.jp
Web Site: http://pj.ninjal.ac.jp/phonology/IntlConference/gemcon_2015/010home_1/
Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Phonology
Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2015
Workshop on Geminate Consonants across the World
Geminate consonants are found in many languages around the world including, but not restricted to, Arabic, Bengali, Berber, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Saami, and Swiss German. Yet, their phonetic manifestation and phonological nature are not fully understood, much less their cross‐linguistic similarities and differences. For example, some languages shorten pre‐geminate vowels, whereas other languages lengthen pre‐geminate vowels. The aim of this workshop is to bring together scholars interested in geminate consonants to discuss a singleton/geminate contrast from multiple perspectives—phonetic, phonological, morphological and typological. The workshop will consist of two parts: an oral session featuring invited talks and a poster session for which abstracts are solicited from scholars around the world.
For further information about abstract submission, registration etc., please visit the workshop website: http://pj.ninjal.ac.jp/phonology/IntlConference/gemcom_2015/010home_1/
Haruo Kubozono (National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics)
Shigeto Kawahara (Keio University)
Rachid Ridouane (CNRS/Sorbonne Nouvelle)
Call for Papers:
We invite abstracts for poster presentations. Those who wish to present a poster should follow the procedures below in preparing and submitting an abstract.
1. The abstract must be based on the authors’ original and novel work.
2. It should be maximally two pages long on A4 or letter size, including examples, figures, tables and references.
3. Save your abstract both as a Word file [using the file name “GemCon (Your surname).docx” or “GemCon (Your surname).doc”] and as a pdf file [using the file name “GemCon(Your surname).pdf”].
4. To submit your abstract, send an email message with both files attached to GemCon at ninjal.ac.jp by April 15, 2015. Please write “GemCon abstract” in the subject line of your email message.
5. One author may be the first author of only one poster for this workshop.
6. Abstracts that have been accepted by the main conference of ICPhS 2015 must not be submitted to this workshop.
7. Abstracts accepted by this workshop do not appear in the proceedings of the main ICPhS conference.
8. Notification of acceptance/rejection will be sent to all authors by May 1, 2015.
LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1770
More information about the LINGUIST