26.1787, Fund Drive 2015: Challenges Heat Up!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 3 00:05:36 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1787. Thu Apr 02 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1787, Fund Drive 2015: Challenges Heat Up!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 20:03:55
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2015: Challenges Heat Up!

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are so excited to have reached the $20,000 mark today! However, we still have a long way to go. Our goal is to collect $79,000.00 for our editors and the programming support. You are not donating for your own interest alone –
LINGUIST List is read worldwide, by professionals but also students and language enthusiasts who otherwise would have much more limited access to linguistic contents, especially for financial reasons. Will you make a donation and help us reach that goal?

In our Subfield Challenge, Syntax is still on top, but we have nine subfields that have hit the $1,000 mark or more! Wow!

They are:

1. Syntax ($3,351)
2. Computational Linguistics ($2,240)
3. Sociolinguistics ($2,186)
4. Phonology ($2,100)
5. Historical Linguistics ($1,390),
6. Semantics ($1,210)
7. Discourse Analysis ($1,100)
8. Pragmatics ($1,074)
9. Morphology ($1,015)

Language Acquisition, Phonetics, and Language Documentation, you are not far behind! Make a donation today to help your subfield win!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list of subfields!

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington is still in the lead, but today we received generous donations from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Pennsylvania State University, University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of California at Berkeley, and University of Washington! We thank them all for their support!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Microsoft Natural Language Group continues to lead the Business Challenge!

To make a donation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

We thank everyone for their support, and are very appreciative! LINGUIST List relies on your donations, and cannot continue without them!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team