26.1941, Jobs: UK English; Phonetics; Phonology: Voice Coach, Amazon.com (Ivona)

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Apr 11 19:49:19 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1941. Sat Apr 11 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1941, Jobs: UK English; Phonetics; Phonology: Voice Coach, Amazon.com (Ivona)

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 15:49:12
From: Marco Nicolis [nicolism at amazon.com]
Subject: UK English; Phonetics; Phonology: Voice Coach, Amazon.com (Ivona), Gdansk, Poland

University or Organization: Amazon.com (Ivona)
Job Location: Gdansk, Poland
Web Address: http://www.ivona.com
Job Title: Voice Coach for UK English
Job Rank: Other; Voice Coach

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Project Duration: 4-6 weeks in Gdansk, Poland (yes, we will fly you), plus
occasional remote availability for an additional 2 months for follow-ups on
the job.

Project start: June 1st

Job Description:

As a voice coach for UK English, you will be monitoring the recording process
of our voice talent. You will have to ensure correct pronunciation of all
words in our scripts, and generally guide the voice talent throughout the
recording session.

This requires the ability to quickly recognize whether what the voice talent
reads exactly corresponds to what is written in our script and whether the
pronunciation is correct, the speech is fluent, etc.

Required:

- Native speaker of UK English
- Highly familiar with UK English culture and slang.
- Degree in Linguistics

Desirable:

- Specialization in Phonetics/Phonology
- Strong familiarity with phonemic transcription

Please send an up-to-date CV.

Application Deadline: 15-May-2015

Email Address for Applications: nicolism at amazon.com
Contact Information: