26.1942, Fund Drive 2015: Week 5 Challenge Round-Up!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Apr 12 00:05:14 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1942. Sat Apr 11 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1942, Fund Drive 2015: Week 5 Challenge Round-Up!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 20:03:24
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2015: Week 5 Challenge Round-Up!

 Dear Fellow Linguists,

We are almost at the weekend and we are almost at the end of Week 5 of Fund Drive 2015! We are on our way to hitting the $30,000 mark soon—we are less than $100 away! Will you help us reach that number today by donating? We NEED to reach our $79,000 goal soon.

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business, subfield, country, or region in our
challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, the five ten rank as follows:

1. Computational Linguistics ($6,610)
2. Syntax ($3,946)
3. Sociolinguistics ($3,178)
4. Phonology ($2,464)
5. Historical Linguistics ($1,780)

Syntax and phonology were the previous frontrunners in the first few weeks of Fund Drive, but computational linguistics and sociolinguistics have clearly made major efforts! Will the other subfields fight back for the lead in Week 6?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($2,150)
2. University of Washington ($1,860)
3. Stanford University ($1,065)
4. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South Africa ($820)
5. University of South Carolina ($740)

Indiana University Bloomington has ranked first throughout the Fund Drive, but will another university take over this week? A huge thank you is in order for the University of Washington, where over 29 individual donors have stepped up!

Today we received donations from Biola University, MSU, Queen Mary University of London, Cornell University, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, Macquarie University, University of Sheffield, UNISA, Temple University, University of Washington, University of Kentucky, and Université Paris-Sorbonne! Thank you all!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Check out the results of our Business Challenge:

1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($200)

In our Region Challenge, North America leads with 233 individual donors, 219 of those from the USA. We know LINGUIST List is used all over the world, and ask for help from those all over the world! Help your region and country get to the top!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/region/ and http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/country/ for full lists!

To make a donation and help your subfield, university, business, region, or country win, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Thank you all for your support, and wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team