26.2088, Calls: An Appeal from LINGUIST Volunteer Umida Khikmatillaeva

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 20 13:56:33 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2088. Mon Apr 20 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2088, Calls: An Appeal from LINGUIST Volunteer Umida Khikmatillaeva

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:55:42
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear LINGUIST List Readers,

My name is Umida Khikmatillaeva and I am from Tashkent, Uzbekistan. I joined
the LINGUIST List as a volunteer in January of 2015. My first name means HOPE
and my last name means WISDOM.

I earned my first Master’s degree in the Uzbek language and literature
teaching with the emphasis on Turkic languages. I received a second Master’s
degree in Instructional Systems Technology at Indiana University School of
Education. Currently, I am pursuing my doctoral degree in Instructional
Systems Technology at Indiana University Bloomington.

My career started in 1990 as an instructor of the Turkish language at the
Oriental Studies Department at the National University of Uzbekistan. I taught
Uzbek and Turkish for many years at different institutions, including Indiana
University. I became interested in online materials development. I worked for
two Title VI funded online Uzbek dictionary projects at Indiana University. My
latest work is the Turkish to Uzbek Bridge project for the Turkish Flagship
Program.

I visited the LINGUIST List during the Open House event in 2014, as soon as
they moved to Bloomington. I found this community extremely organized,
productive, and motivated. Please consider donating to the LINGUIST List. Send
your special gift to talented young researchers and the learning community.
Your contribution will support students involved with the LINGUIST List
activities and promote linguistic research.

Your contribution will make our lives meaningful; combining instructional
systems technology and computational linguistics will allow me to share my
knowledge with others. Funding issues should not be preventing us from doing
research, creating instructional materials, and sharing knowledge with others.

We want to thank you for your generous support in advance and will be happy to
share our success stories in the future!

Please use the following link to make a donation:
https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate

Sincerely,
Umida Khikmatillaeva
LINGUIST List