26.3682, Qs: Interjections. A Translation Questionnaire.

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 18 18:35:02 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3682. Tue Aug 18 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3682, Qs: Interjections. A Translation Questionnaire.

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:34:36
From: Dorota Lockyer [dlockyer at alumni.ubc.ca]
Subject: Interjections. A Translation Questionnaire.

Hello:

I am looking for native speakers of Polish to fill out a questionnaire on how you translate (diminutive) interjections from comics into Polish. The results (of about 30 respondents or more) will be used towards linking these words cross-linguistically for my research project. All data will be anonymized and can't be tracked back to you (we do not ask your name; nor we do not reveal IP addresses under any circumstances). The most detailed look would be of the type ''in the 20-29 year-old-category, one individual who was born in ''xyz'' and lives in ''abc'' responded with ‘translation X’''.

You are free to refuse to answer any and all questions. There would be no direct benefit to you, except practice your English/Polish language skills, but I would certainly appreciate your help in finding out about these correspondences and direct translation equivalents of interjections.

If you're interested, take the online questionnaire by clicking on the relevant link provided below. It should take you less than 30 minutes to complete.
Polish native speaker version: https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cwrmBMJbtnsjJU9

Thanks for your help and if you choose not to participate, thanks for reading this far. If you have any concerns or comments, please contact me at dlockyer at alumni.ubc.ca.

All best,
Dorota Lockyer.
PhD Candidate, University of British Columbia

                     Morphology
                     Semantics
                     Sociolinguistics
                     Translation