26.3684, Qs: Looking for a social media corpus

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Aug 18 18:42:37 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3684. Tue Aug 18 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3684, Qs: Looking for a social media corpus

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 14:41:54
From: Lee Ka Lam [kayee.lee at connect.polyu.hk]
Subject: Looking for a social media corpus

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi. This is Kayee, I am in my final year of bachelor's studies in Hong Kong. I am doing my Capstone project in my final year. My research is interested in new usages, new spellings and new words in social media and I' d like to know if there are any social media corpora which I could access.

In my research, I focus on analyzing the phenomenon in 2015, so I need to get access to a social media corpus collected during 2013-2015 to further my research and findings. Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks!

Yours faithfully,
Kayee

                     Lexicography
                     Semantics