26.527, Qs: Lexical co-occurrence matrix

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 26 19:12:29 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-527. Mon Jan 26 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.527, Qs: Lexical co-occurrence matrix

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:12:22
From: Noha Fathy [noha_phonetics at yahoo.com]
Subject: Lexical co-occurrence matrix

My major is psycholinguistics. I want to evaluate the representativeness of an
Arabic corpus using free association norms. To extract free association norms
from the corpus, I have to construct a co-occurrence matrix that captures the
co-occurrence of a pair of words within a window size. What are the common
possible ways to construct these matrices?
thanks.

Regards,
Noha

Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)