26.577, Calls: Morphology/Israel

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 27 22:53:49 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-577. Tue Jan 27 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.577, Calls: Morphology/Israel

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:53:42
From: Wendy Sandler [wsandler at research.haifa.ac.il]
Subject: Mediterranean Morphology Meeting 10

Full Title: Mediterranean Morphology Meeting 10
Short Title: MMM10

Date: 07-Sep-2015 - 10-Sep-2015
Location: Haifa, Israel
Contact Person: Wendy Sandler
Meeting Email: wendy.sandler at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology

Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2015

Meeting Description:

10th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting (MMM10)

The 10th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting (MMM10) will take place at the University of Haifa (Israel), September 7-10, 2015.

The theme of the conference will be:

“Quo vadis morphology? Grammar, cognition and computation”

MMM celebrates its 10th meeting with a look at the present and future of morphology. How has the field evolved in recent years?  Where do we stand now?  And, most importantly, Where do we go from here? We welcome contributions that explore new empirical and methodological directions in morphology, especially in the following domains:

- Morphology and Grammar
- Morphology and Cognition
- Morphology and Computation

The aim of these meetings is to bring together linguists who work on morphology in an informal setting which guarantees maximal interaction between researchers, and gives young linguists an opportunity to present their work at a conference of moderate size where fruitful contacts with senior linguists can be established.  The traditional emphasis on morphology of European languages is expanded in this 10th anniversary meeting to also include local languages of Israel as well as sign languages, and will emphasize future directions in morphology, such as morphology and cognition, and computational approaches.

Invited Speakers:

Stephen R. Anderson (Yale University)
Mark Aronoff (Stony Brook University)
Ray Jackendoff (Tufts University)

Program Outline:

September 7, afternoon: Workshop on languages in Israel, including sign languages
September 8: Thematic session ''Quo vadis morphology?''
September 9: Free topic session
September 10: Excursion

2nd Call for Papers:

Contributions on morphology of sign languages welcome.

Meeting and abstract submission details on MMM10 website:
http://mmm10.haifa.ac.il

Important Dates:

Deadline for abstract submission: March 1, 2015.
Notification of decision: May 15, 2015.
Program available: May 31, 2015.
Early bird registration: before July 1, 2015

MMM 10 Contact: mmm10info at gmail.com

MMM permanent website:  http://www3.lingue.unibo.it/mmm2/