26.1640, Service: Who uses LINGUIST List services?

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 27 11:36:48 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1640. Fri Mar 27 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1640, Service: Who uses LINGUIST List services?

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Damir Cavar <damir at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:35:41
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Service: Who uses LINGUIST List services?

Dear Linguists,

Did you know that the LINGUIST List website has more than 150,000 unique
visitors per month?

In February 2015 alone, there were 157,496 unique visitors on the website,
with 377,867 registered site visits, and 4,183,916 page views. There were
10,113,110 hits on the web server, and more than 115.13 GB of data
transmission to the visitors.

During this month, the site was visited from more than 176 different domains,
which roughly corresponds to more than 170 countries.

This means that your postings and information about conferences or open jobs
reach the entire world.

Did you know that if every unique visitor of the LINGUIST List website would
leave just:

5 cents per year

on the site, we would have enough funds to cover the costs for student editors
over the summer and pay one graduate assistant for an entire year?

We know that there are users out there who rely on the information that you
provide via the LINGUIST List, who cannot contribute with donations for
various reasons. If you can, please consider donating to the LINGUIST List
2015 Fund Drive to support the activities of the LINGUIST List, an
independent, community funded, and academic service organization.

Thank you for your support!

The LINGUIST List Team