26.4602, Qs: Publicly Available Medical Discourse Storage?

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 16 19:20:01 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4602. Fri Oct 16 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4602, Qs: Publicly Available Medical Discourse Storage?

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:19:55
From: Richard Cameron [rcameron at uic.edu]

Dear all,

I am involved in a large team project focusing on clarity of communication in medical settings. We plan to do sociolinguistic interviewing of Heart Failure patients in order to get their narratives of their experiences prior to and in the hospital.

Our funding source will require that we make publicly available (with all identifiers deleted) transcriptions of these interviews. This requirement aims to make data sharing a reality.

Question:
Do you know of a site where such medically oriented discourse could be stored and made publicly accessible?

I think here of something similar to CHILDES (the Child Language Data Exchange System) at Carnegie Mellon University. Preferably, this would be a site where such transcribed data would be stored for many years.

Please respond to me: rcameron at uic.edu
I will share responses, if any.

Thank you very much
– Richard Cameron (University of Illinois at Chicago / Department of Linguistics)