26.3941, Calls: English, Spanish, Applied Ling, Disc Analysis, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Sep 6 07:22:33 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3941. Sun Sep 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3941, Calls:  	English, Spanish, Applied Ling, Disc Analysis, Lang Acquisition, Socioling/USA

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 03:22:10
From: Rebecca Ross [texlerutsa at gmail.com]
Subject: Texas Language Education Research Conference

Full Title: Texas Language Education Research Conference
Short Title: TexLER

Date: 19-Feb-2016 - 20-Feb-2016
Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA
Contact Person: Rebecca Ross
Meeting Email: texlerutsa at gmail.com
Web Site: http://texler.org

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)
                     Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 04-Dec-2015

Meeting Description:

The Texas Language Education Research (TexLER) Conference, formerly known as TexFLEC, at The University of Texas at San Antonio is an annual conference that brings together researchers, educators, and students in the fields of foreign language education, TEFL/TESL (Teaching English as a Foreign or Second Language), linguistics, and applied linguistics. We have changed the name this year to reflect our evolving emphasis on supporting research in language education more broadly amongst graduate students, faculty, and educators.

Bridging the gap between research and practice is an inevitable challenge in the field of foreign/second language pedagogy. TexLER unites scholars and educators from diverse contexts who strive to connect research findings to classroom practices, thus shaping the future direction of language education. TexLER welcomes research studies and practice-oriented presentations that clearly establish strong connections between theory and practice in diverse contexts. Our goal is to offer an interdisciplinary forum for all those interested in research findings with implications for the classroom as well as those interested in pedagogical approaches to language learning grounded on empirical findings.

We’re also happy to announce that this year TexLER will host the “3rd International Research Colloquium: Educational Linguistics and Language Education”, which seeks to connect language education researchers in the U.S. and Mexico and beyond.

Call for Papers:

The 17th annual Texas Language Education Research (TexLER) Conference is pleased to announce our Call for Papers for our 2016 conference, February 19-20 in San Antonio, Texas.  We’ll be hosted at the University of Texas at San Antonio again this year, and the conference, previously TexFLEC, has been renamed to reflect our goal of promoting research and the exchange of ideas for language education scholars.  We’re also happy to announce that this year TexLER will host the “3rd International Research Colloquium: Educational Linguistics and Language Education”, which seeks to connect language education researchers in the U.S. and Mexico and beyond. Please go to our website for information on how to submit a proposal: www.texler.org

Our keynote speakers for the 2016 Conference are:

- Dr. Ana Celia Zentella (The University of California- San Diego)
- Dr. Margarita Machado-Casas (The University of Texas at San Antonio)
- Dr. Deborah Palmer (The University of Texas at Austin)