27.5241, All: Support the LINGUIST List

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 29 20:34:18 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-5241. Thu Dec 29 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.5241, All: Support the LINGUIST List

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Malgorzata Cavar <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 15:32:33
From: The LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Support the LINGUIST List

Dear Subscribers,

with the end of 2016 nearing, we would like to ask you again to consider
donating to LINGUIST List still this year:

During the holiday season the LL-team has been working hard to migrate the old
web-services, website, list-server, EasyAbs, among others, to new server
operating systems and environments. This will further improve speed, safety,
and the reliability of the services. As usual, we minimize the downtime and
keep all services going all the time.

Looking back at 2016 we are happy to see how much LINGUIST List services are
used. LINGUIST List breaks records every month. More and more people are using
the website. More than 150,000 unique visitors use the main website per month.
More than one million unique visitors have used the main website in 2016. More
than 27,000 people follow LINGUIST on Facebook, more than 20,000 people follow
us on Twitter, and the numbers are growing daily. We are a truly global,
inclusive community with the subscribers, website users, social media
followers coming from all over the globe.

The LL-team invested a lot of time this year to build new services and improve
the website. Some demos will be presented at the LSA Annual Meeting in Austin
next week. We hope to be able to launch the improvements immediately after the
LSA meeting.

The LL-team will continue working on improvements of the website, social media
connectivity, mobile access, mailing services to provide a safe, edited,
checked, validated dissemination of your information, for example, conference
and job announcements. The LL-editors read and edit all submissions, correct
and check it, if necessary, before posting them to the world. We communicate
with colleagues who submit announcements to the LINGUIST on a daily basis via
email or telephone. Requests to correct mistakes, to add new information, to
repair links, or just to clarify details of postings and LL-guidelines are
answered promptly. This process is work-intensive and costly, but it is
personal, by linguists for linguists, and it keeps LINGUIST List postings
reliable.

Please help us to continue the service and support The LINGUIST List with a
donation:

We wish you a happy and successful new year!

With thanks,

Your LINGUIST List Team

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics

                       Fund Drive 2016