27.3107, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: IPSOFT

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 29 14:31:33 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3107. Fri Jul 29 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3107, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: IPSOFT

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 10:31:22
From: CARINA FEDERICO [CARINA.FEDERICO at IPSOFT.COM]
Subject: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: IPSOFT, New York, USA

University or Organization: IPSOFT
Department: Research and Development
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.ipsoft.com/
Job Title: Sr. R&D Engineer - Language Technology
Job Rank: Programmer; Researcher; Scientist

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Overview:

In the R&D world, speed and quality are sometimes two competing factors. On
the one hand, there is the sprint to delivery – and on the other hand, there
is the standard of excellence. Our Senior Developers balance the need for
speed and functionality with their commitment to quality. As we expand our
artificial intelligence platform, Amelia, we are looking for developers to
work with scientists tackling the big challenges in deep language
understanding.

Responsibilities:

Amelia, IPsoft’s AI platform, already speaks English, and is now learning the
world’s other major languages. We are looking for a Java engineer with a
background in linguistics or NLP to join a team that is improving Amelia’s
natural language understanding in an ever growing set of languages. Don’t miss
this opportunity to be behind IPsoft and Amelia’s growth in the global arena
of language technology.

The ideal candidate is comfortable working directly with data from one or more
non-English languages, including German, Swedish, Dutch, French, and Spanish.
This may include identifying grammatical errors in the target language,
writing test dialogues, and producing/correcting data for model training.
Native level proficiency is desirable.

Taking a general approach across languages is just as important as
language-specific knowledge. We value the ability to develop language-agnostic
algorithms, and to manipulate linguistic data structures like syntactic parses
and semantic networks. Formal syntax/semantics is a plus.

Qualifications:

As a developer you will work with a variety of frameworks and tools. While
specific knowledge of those listed below is highly desirable, an ability to
learn new skills quickly is essential.
Java 8, Spring, Guava, JUnit
NLP toolkit, such as Stanford’s
Maven, Jenkins, Ant
IDE such as IntelliJ/Eclipse
Comfort on Mac/Linux

This role requires working directly with clients, who may require specific
features or bug-fixes.

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2016
	, NY
Email Address for Applications: CARINA.FEDERICO at IPSOFT.COM
Web Address for Applications: https://goo.gl/cqeQ8u
Contact Information:
	Senior Corporate Recruiter CARINA FEDERICO
	Email: CARINA.FEDERICO at IPSOFT.COM
	Phone: 2124405554

                       Fund Drive 2016