27.3822, Calls: German, Applied Linguistics/Puerto Rico

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 27 19:13:29 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3822. Tue Sep 27 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3822, Calls: German, Applied Linguistics/Puerto Rico

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:13:04
From: Patrick-Andre Mather [patrick.mather at upr.edu]
Subject: Deutsch als Fremdsprache: Erfahrungen, Praxis, Zukunft

Full Title: Deutsch als Fremdsprache: Erfahrungen, Praxis, Zukunft

Date: 24-Feb-2017 - 25-Feb-2017
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Contact Person: Sven Andersen
Meeting Email: UPRDeutsch at gmail.com

Subject Language(s): German (deu)

Call Deadline: 07-Dec-2016

Meeting Description:

Date: 24-25 February 2017
Location: University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR, Rio Piedras Campus

The goal of the conference is two-fold:

1) To provide a forum for professors of German to exchange ideas on innovative
teaching methods and techniques.
2) To develop strategies to promote the study and teaching of German as a
Foreign Language in the North American market, and enhance the appeal of
German among university students.

Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the U.S.; laws and entry requirements of the
U.S.A. apply (no passport or visa required for U.S. citizens). The average
temperature is about 80 degrees F in February. We are looking forward to
meeting you and having productive discussions on how to further the subjects
of German language and culture.

Organization Committee:

Silvia Maurer (UPR)
Patrick-André Mather (UPR)
Sven-Ole Andersen (UPR).

Call for Papers:

The German program at The University of Puerto Rico is inviting submissions
for the upcoming symposium ''Deutsch als Fremdsprache: Erfahrungen, Praxis,
Zukunft''.

We are inviting teachers of German at universities, language schools, or high
schools to send us a discussion proposal:

- We are looking for concrete examples of your own work teaching German in the
class room: What or which topics have been proven effective in practice? What
recommendations do you have for others to make learning German more
interesting? etc.
- What can we do to promote German as a foreign language and / or expand it?
What are the most pressing problems in my department / program and what
solutions are out there? What mistakes have been made in the past?

We are asking for short proposals (abstracts) via e-mail of not more than half
a page in length. Please e-mail your proposal to: UPRDeutsch at gmail.com

Closing date: December 7, 2016.

We are not interested in long research papers. In order to have enough time
for exchanges of ideas and lively discussions, your presentation should not
exceed 15 minutes. The number of participants is limited.

                       Fund Drive 2016