28.1765, Calls: Romance; Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Semantics; Sociolinguistcs / Languages (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 11 17:37:37 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1765. Tue Apr 11 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1765, Calls:  Romance; Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Semantics; Sociolinguistcs / Languages (Jrnl)

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:37:15
From: Languages Editorial Office [languages at mdpi.com]

Full Title: Languages

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Semantics; Sociolinguistics

Language Family(ies): Romance

Call Deadline: 31-Dec-2017

Dear colleagues,

The journal Languages (http://www.mdpi.com/journal/languages) invites
contributions to the Special Issue entitled ''Romance Languages at the
Forefront of Language Acquisition Research'', whose Guest Editors are Prof.
Juana Liceras (Department of Modern Languages and Literatures and Department
of Linguistics, University of Ottawa), and Prof. Raquel Fernández Fuertes
(Departamento de Filología Inglesa, Universidad de Valladolid).
We would be honored if you would consider contributing an article.

The goal of this peer-reviewed special issue is to showcase state of the art
work on the L1, bilingual and non-native acquisition of Romance languages from
a theoretical and empirical perspective. The volume will examine how recent
learnability issues are approached using acquisition data from different
Romance languages. We particularly encourage contributions dealing with
different populations, including but not limited to L1 acquisition, L2
acquisition, bi/multilingual and heritage language acquisition, language
processing and language disorders.
For further information, please visit the website of the Special Issue:
http://mdpi.com/journal/languages/special_issues/Romance_Languages

As to the projected length of the special volume and articles, the overall
target length of this special volume would be 90,000 to 135,000 words with
contributions that are between 8000 and 10,000 words in length; that is, 10 to
12 articles plus a solid introductory content article.
Our tentative submission is as follows:

- Abstract submission deadline: 5 June 2017 (400-450 words including
bibliography). Please send your abstracts to languages at mdpi.com.
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 5 July 2017
- Full manuscript submission deadline: 31 December 2017 (targeted)

At this stage, we only require the confirmation of your acceptance so that we
can complete our specific proposal. There are no article processing charges
for manuscripts submitted in 2017.

We hope you can accept our invitation.

Languages (ISSN 2226-471X) is an international, open access scholarly journal
whose central concern is the promotion of understanding of the diverse aspects
of the world's languages along three dimensions: languages in space (including
geopolitical, sociological, psychological, neurobiological and educational
perspectives); languages in time (including evolutionary, real-time
processing, acquisitional and life-span developmental perspectives); and
languages in interaction (including perspectives from research on translation,
language mixing, cross-language and cross-modal influences and cross-cultural
communication).

If you have any questions, please contact the Languages Editorial Office:
Michele Cardani, M.A.
Managing Editor
MDPI Barcelona Office
Avenida Madrid, 95, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
E-Mail: michele.cardani at mdpi.com

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/