28.3429, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Director of Computational Linguistics/Programming, Vital Text Systems

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 16 16:46:56 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3429. Wed Aug 16 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3429, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Director of Computational Linguistics/Programming, Vital Text Systems

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:46:53
From: Gordon Monk [gmonk at vitaltextsystems.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Director of Computational Linguistics/Programming, Vital Text Systems, USA

University or Organization: Vital Text Systems
Department: Linguistics Analytics
Job Location: Maine, USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: www.vitaltextsystems.com
Job Title: Director Computational Linguistics Programming
Job Rank: Director

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Vital Text Systems (VTS), is a growing startup with interest and advisors from
world class corporations. The Founder team is seeking an experienced Senior
Computational Linguistics Programmer.

This position can be full or part time. It is an equity position until our
current funding round completes.  We began actively seeking funding July 2017.
We embrace geographically distributed US contributors. Near many of the
highest valued academic institutions, our New England location is a beautiful,
peaceful environment for growing families.

All things completing as agreed the position is leadership level full time
employment with VTS immediately on close of the current funding round.

Our Model Candidate:

- U.S. citizen
- preferably PhD
- determination to succeed
- significant computational linguistics, NLP and machine learning classifiers
experience required
- very high order of persistence and ability to overcome adversity through
dedicated effort
- strong communication and collaboration skills
- experience with Agile and Plan-driven (Waterfall) methodologies
- current in languages appropriate to the problem solution. Current languages
employed are .Net, Java, Python.  The VTS team is a very forward looking team.

Current Situation:

The VTS founders include a serial entrepreneur software engineering leader in
his sixth startup, a PhD professor of linguistics, a Psycholinguistics PhD,
and three part time senior software engineers.

Our US Patent 9,678,949 was allowed June 13, 2017 substantially strengthening
our viability.  We are completing our next Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
delivery in Q317. The primary feature of recent releases are integration with
a top Requirements Engineering product of a $1.2Bn corporation and RoundTrip
integration with MS Word AddIn for in place editing of the users document
text.

We are a Microsoft Bizspark Plus awardee providing full infrastructure
support. Senior staff corporate advisors in multiple industries review
progress every quarter since late 2014. We are confident and expect to attract
Series A VC investment within two years of growth following the current round
of Angel funding.

We selected our legal representation through a competitive program attended by
the top five legal teams in our state. After three years of solid R&D our
story is much bigger, we’re always eager to recount it.

How to apply:

Provide your contact information and CV to the email address below; we'll do
the rest.

Email Address for Applications: inquiries at vitaltextsystems.com
Contact Information:
	CEO Gordon Monk