28.979, Qs: Researching English Verb Aspect & Political Speech

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 23 16:37:00 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-979. Thu Feb 23 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.979, Qs: Researching English Verb Aspect & Political Speech

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:36:52
From: David Easton [217227 at wyomingcityschools.org]

Greetings!

My name is David Easton, and I am high school senior at Wyoming High School in
Cincinnati, Ohio. I am currently enrolled in the AP Research course at my high
school. My teachers in this class are Mr. Matt Harms and Mr. Todd Siler. In
this class, students spend one year planning and conducting their own study
that fills a informational ''gap'' in the field of their choosing. I am
pursuing an interdisciplinary topic that examines how verb aspect influences
emotional cohesion in the context of political communication.

I invite you all to participate in my study by taking the survey included at
the bottom of this post. The procedure is simple; all that participants need
to do is complete an electronic signature, provide some basic demographic
information, and then respond to a series of simple stimulus phrases taken
from Presidential campaign stump speeches. All demographic and
identity-related information gathered in the course of this study will be kept
strictly confidential until the completion of the study, when it will then be
destroyed. There are no known risks or hazards posed by this survey, and it
should only take between 10 and 15 minutes (at most) to complete.

https://goo.gl/forms/ricBsd4GGhHqsT7i1

I would greatly appreciate your participation in this study. Please do not
hesitate to contact me regarding questions, comments, or concerns about my
inquiry. You can reach me via email at 217227 at wyomingcityschools.org or by
phone at (513) 633-6643.

Thank you for your consideration!

Sincerely,