28.996, Jobs: English; Farsi; Arabic; Russian; Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Semantic Sciences Research

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Feb 24 15:08:04 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-996. Fri Feb 24 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.996, Jobs:  English; Farsi; Arabic; Russian; Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Semantic Sciences Research

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)
Homepage: http://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:07:57
From: Mitchell Hodgkinson [administration at sintelix.com]
Subject: English; Farsi; Arabic; Russian; Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Semantic Sciences Research, Adealide, Australia

University or Organization: Semantic Sciences Research
Job Location: Adealide, South Australia, Australia
Web Address: http://www.sintelix.com/
Job Title: Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      Dari (prs)
                      English (eng)
                      Russian (rus)

We help governments, intelligence agencies and corporations find solutions to
their data and analysis problems.  Our software is delivered worldwide via our
partnership with IBM.

Our flagship software product, Sintelix, is an advanced text analytics engine
and is currently one of the fastest, most accurate and highly configurable
unstructured data processing systems on the market.

At Semantic Sciences, our goal is to create a space where people can openly
collaborate and find the best ways to make things better. We care about
providing great products and service to our clients, and focus on producing
engineering solutions that are elegant, simple and that work.

The role:

We are looking for an exceptional Computational Linguist to expand our
multilingual text analysis capabilities.

As part of our team, you will help optimise the multilingual processing
capability of Sintelix by drawing on your previous experience of programming
in C++ or Java to analyze data, manipulate multilingual text collections, and
use NLP (Natural Language Processing) frameworks and libraries.

This new position would suit someone who:

- Is a good researcher in computational linguistics with a meticulous eye for
detail and an appreciation of a wide variety of algorithms and techniques;
- Has exceptional problem solving skills and a determination to clearly
understand the issues by talking things through with the colleagues;
- Has the ability to strategise projects, prioritise activities and manage
risk;
- Has the ability to create production quality code in C++ or Java;
- Is capable of working across multiple languages;
- Is highly organised and able to learn and constantly improve.

Qualities and experience:

- PhD. in Computational Linguistics, Language Technology, or a relevant field;
- Experience with designing and coding large scale optimisations, for example:
Deep Learning, Word embedding, Max Ent, CRF;
- Preferably, experience in multilingual entity extraction (which will be the
technical area of the first project);
- Expert software engineering skills in Java (preferably) or C/C++;
- Proven ability to develop algorithms and solutions to taxing computational
linguistic problems.
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies, metrics and mathematics used in
computational linguistics and optimization;
- Worked with multiple languages (but native skills in English);
- Quality standards of the highest order with a natural eye for detail.
- Meticulous in planning and performance.
- The ability to work quickly and effectively to hit deadlines when required.

Any of the following skills would be a bonus:

- Experience in developing text analytics for multilingual data, preferably
Middle Eastern languages.
- Second language (ideally, Farsi, Arabic, Russian)
- Knowledge of web technologies (e.g. HTML, XML, CSS)
- Understanding of software quality assurance testing
- Experienced with Agile/Scrum practices and principles
- Familiarity with software development environments and practices.
- Police and/or security clearance from a recognized Australian Agency

Interested in applying:

The role offers a generous package including bonuses and relocation assistance
if required.  Email a current CV and letter of introduction to
administration at sintelix.com. You may be asked to perform some online testing
as part of the recruitment process and your interest will be treated in the
strictest of confidence.

Application Deadline: 26-Mar-2017

Email Address for Applications: administration at sintelix.com
Contact Information: