28.2928, Confs: Discipline of Ling, Gen Ling, Pragmatics, Semantics, Syntax/Serbia

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 4 19:58:53 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2928. Tue Jul 04 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2928, Confs: Discipline of Ling, Gen Ling, Pragmatics, Semantics, Syntax/Serbia

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 15:58:41
From: Boban Arsenijevic [b.arsenijevic at gmail.com]
Subject: Research Techniques and Approaches: New Journeys in Linguistics

Research Techniques and Approaches: New Journeys in Linguistics
Short Title: RTANJ Linguistics

Date: 06-Jul-2017 - 08-Jul-2017
Location: Rtanj, Serbia
Contact: Boban Arsenijevic
Contact Email: rtanj.linguistics at gmail.com
Meeting URL: https://sites.google.com/view/rtanj1/

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics; General Linguistics; Pragmatics; Semantics; Syntax

Meeting Description:

The first edition of Research Techniques and Approaches: New Journeys in
Linguistics (RTANJ Linguistics I) will take place July 6-9, 2017 in the Rtanj
mountains in Central Serbia. One main theme of the meeting is to formulate
challenges to other disciplines to increase the capacity for interdisciplinary
research. Our core topics are syntax, semantics and their various interfaces,
but other topics are welcome as well, since this is meant to be a general
meeting for linguists. We are particularly interested in discussing methods in
linguistics and furthermore encourage the presentation of work in progress and
crazy or bold ideas that might not get discussed at other conferences and
workshops.
The general format is such that we will have talks with ample time for
discussion (at least 40+20 minutes) in the morning and evening, and that
during the day there will be time to discuss ideas in a less formal setting,
possibly also while hiking in the mountains. Furthermore, the general idea is
that people with funding pay more than people without funding, so that the
former partially fund the latter, but even then the overall expenses will
remain relatively modest for all.

Thursday, July 6

20:00-21:00
Boban Arsenijević: A purely configurational account of the prosodic shape of
nominalizations in Serbo-Croatian

Friday, July 7

9:00-10:00
Natalie Boll-Avetisyan: Why we need cross-linguistic research on infant
language acquisition, why it is hardly done, and what to do about it

18:00-19:00
Tomas O. Lentz: Building blocks of pragmatics and prosody

19:00-20:00
Predrag Kovačević: On DP, Scrambling, Case and the Clausal Structure of
Serbo-Croatian

Saturday, July 8

9:00-10:00
Berit Gehrke: Cross-Slavic variation in grammatical aspect

18:00-19:00
Marcin Wagiel & Mojmír Dočekal: Equatives, comparatives, and multiplication in
Czech and Vietnamese

19:00-20:00
General discussion on the experimental method and statistical analysis
(methodological questions in general, inter- and intra-speaker variation in
acceptability and production studies)

          http://multitree.org/