28.3121, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: NLP Engineer, Nuance Communications

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 18 18:00:32 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-3121. Tue Jul 18 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.3121, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: NLP Engineer, Nuance Communications

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 14:00:28
From: Nate Blaylock [nate.blaylock at nuance.com]

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Montreal, Canada (Telecommute)
Job Title: NLP Engineer
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; NLP, NLU, Information Extraction

Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)

The Nuance Communications NLP Research group has several positions we are
hiring for. Come join us to build NLP products for a large set of devices and
customers around the world - including mobile phones, cars, and smart TVs.

We are looking for NLP developers who can help build hybrid machine learning
models that are deployed for real customers and used by millions of users in
many languages.

Although the ad says Canada, we are open to candidates working remotely in
North America or Europe. Relocation is also an option for candidates in Asia.

General tasks:
- help develop our NLU pipeline (build new features, improve accuracy, etc.)
- work together with a large team to improve our NLU generally

General requirements:
- Proficiency in Japanese
- master's degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or related
(or similar work experience)
- knowledge of NLP
- programming skills, especially scripting to support research experiments

Nuance is the world leader in providing speech and NLP solutions to customers.

Email Address for Applications: nate.blaylock at nuance.com
Contact Information:
	Nate Blaylock
	Email: nate.blaylock at nuance.com