28.1285, Calls: General Linguistics, Sociolinguistics/Greece

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 15 20:16:58 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-1285. Wed Mar 15 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.1285, Calls: General Linguistics, Sociolinguistics/Greece

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2017
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 16:16:47
From: Artemis Alexiadou [artemis.alexiadou at hu-berlin.de]
Subject: Emerging Grammars in Language Contact Situations

Full Title: Emerging Grammars in Language Contact Situations

Date: 19-Jul-2017 - 19-Jul-2017
Location: Rethymnon, Greece
Contact Person: Artemis Alexiadou
Meeting Email: artemis.alexiadou at hu-berlin.de
Web Site: http://www.phl.uoc.gr/confs/cssl17/workshopEvents.php

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 20-Apr-2017

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the workshop on Emerging Grammars in Language
Contact Situations, which will take place on July 19, 2017 in Crete. The
workshop is organized by Artemis Alexiadou (Humboldt University Berlin &
Leibniz- Center General Linguistics (ZAS)) and it will be hosted by the
University of Crete, within CreteLing Summer School 2017 in Rethymnon
(Greece). See http://www.phl.uoc.gr/confs/cssl17/ for more information about
the school itself.

We are happy to host talks by Edit Doron (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem),
Alexis Kalokerinos (University of Crete, tbc), Terje Lohndal (NTNU -The
Norwegian University of Science and Technology & UiT-The Arctic University of
Norway), Tonjes Veenstra (Leibniz- Center General Linguistics (ZAS)), and
Heike Wiese (University of Potsdam).

Call for Posters:

In addition the workshop will host a poster session, and thus we invite
submissions which relate to the theme of the workshop by April 20, 2017.

Submission guidelines:

Please send a 500-word abstract to Artemis Alexiadou
(artemis.alexiadou at hu-berlin.de) by April 20, 2017. (References are not
included in the final word count.) Please state the author(s) name(s),
affiliation(s) and contact details in the body of the email. Notifications of
acceptance will be sent out by May 15, 2017.

For further information please visit
http://www.phl.uoc.gr/confs/cssl17/workshopEvents.php and
https://www.angl.hu-berlin.de/research/respro/RUESHeL/events

Important Dates:

Deadline for submission: April 20, 2017
Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2017
Workshop date: July 19, 2017

                       Fund Drive 2017

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $70,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out the Fund Drive 2017 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

We collect donations via the eLinguistics Foundation, a
registered 501(c) Non Profit organization with the federal tax
number 45-4211155. The donations can be offset against your
federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers
only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program. Contact
your human resources department and send us the necessary form.

          http://multitree.org/