28.2302, Calls: Applied Ling/United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 24 14:24:04 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-2302. Wed May 24 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.2302, Calls: Applied Ling/United Kingdom

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 10:23:57
From: Nalan Kenny [nalankenny at outlook.com]
Subject: Convergence of ESP with other disciplines

Full Title: Convergence of ESP with other disciplines

Date: 27-Oct-2017 - 28-Oct-2017
Location: Liverpool, UK, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Nalan Kenny
Meeting Email: esp at teachers.org
Web Site: http://espta.wordpress.com

Call Deadline: 20-Jul-2017

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the first International ESP Conference organized
and hosted by International ESP Teachers’ Association
The purpose of this gathering is to promote English for Specific Purposes
(ESP), its rising importance and presence among the adult population of ELT,
to exchange ideas and practices in this field. We invite scholars, lecturers,
researchers, and students with experience and interest in this field to join
us in summer 2017, at a showcase and exchange of cutting edge research and
practice of ESP and language learning technologies.

Call for Papers:

We invite submission proposals in the fields and the related areas of English
for Specific and Academic Purposes.
We hereby invite proposals of individual papers, posters, and workshops
related to the topics below:
- Material development
- Assessment in ESP
- The digital world and ESP
- Methods in reading and vocabulary acquisition
- Effective course design
- Teacher training and professional development
The topics are not limited to the above.
Keynote speaker: Ana Gimeno-Sanz
Type of Presentations
Paper presentation: 25 minutes, followed by 5 minutes’ question time. Papers
should include author’s / authors’ names, affiliation and contact details.
Full papers should be no longer than 8,000 words.
Workshop:  This session should be structured with introductory information and
provide ample time for audience interaction, participation, and involvement.
The workshop should be between half an hour to one hour. Please indicate the
likely time when you submit your proposal for workshop.
Submission guide:
All proposals should be submitted by email: esp at teachers.org including
name(s), affiliation, contact detail and a short bio note.