28.4408, FYI: Call for Submissions: Practical Teaching Resources

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 24 20:54:56 UTC 2017

LINGUIST List: Vol-28-4408. Tue Oct 24 2017. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 28.4408, FYI: Call for Submissions: Practical Teaching Resources

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 16:54:49
From: Hannah Green [editors at duringofficehours.com]

During Office Hours, a new website for teachers in higher education, is
looking for usable teaching related content.

www.duringofficehours.com

At During Office Hours, we want to collect, share, and archive all the ideas,
information, best practices, and advice that you’ve accumulated during your
teaching careers. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or a new teacher, a
tenured professor or an adjunct or a TA, we hope that everyone can contribute
to and benefit from this site.

The easiest way to describe what we’re looking for is to think about what we
do during office hours: prepare, plan, reflect, and problem solve (to name a
few). We want what you already have: your tried and tested methods, tips,
techniques, handouts, assignments, advice, and ideas.

The content on During Office Hours is divided into several categories that
include:

- Activities
- Advice
- Assignments
- Lesson Plans & Syllabi
- Handouts
- Pedagogy

We’re open to all forms and interpretations of these categories, but we prefer
if they somehow provide an answer to these five basic questions: what, when,
where, why, how, and who. In other words, we’d like to make sure that the
purpose, audience, and application of each contribution is clear to our
readers. We encourage all contributors to browse our site before submitting.

For more information, please view our About
(http://duringofficehours.com/about) and Submissions
(http://duringofficehours.com/submissions/) pages.

For a detailed list of potential topics and content, please view our Ideas
page (http://duringofficehours.com/submissions/ideas/)

Comments, questions, or queries? Contact us at editors at duringofficehours.com

          http://multitree.org/