29.1733, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, University of Brighton

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 23 15:46:59 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-1733. Mon Apr 23 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.1733, Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, University of Brighton

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 11:46:46
From:  Human Resources [hrrecruitment at brighton.ac.uk]
Subject: Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, University of Brighton, UK

University or Organization: University of Brighton
Department: School of Humanities
Job Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/working-with-us/jobs/index.aspx
Job Title: Lecturer in Sociolinguistics (full-time)
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

Lecturer in Sociolinguistics (full-time)
School of Humanities
Location: Brighton - Falmer
Salary: £33,943 to £40,523 per annum
Reference: AH3272-17-250-R

We wish to appoint a Lecturer in Sociolinguistics with particular expertise in
discourse studies. You will be joining our thriving School with its
academically rewarding, encouraging and enlivening environment where your
teaching and research will embrace interdisciplinary approaches to language
analysis, with specific focus on political discourse analysis, in relation to
class, race, conflict, nationalism and populism. A completed Doctorate in an
area of Sociolinguistics or Linguistics is essential, as is teaching
experience at least to undergraduate level and high quality research
publications in the area of discourse studies demonstrating the ability to
achieve high research standard and potential to build impact.

You will be based at our Falmer campus where you will contribute to the
department’s growing interdisciplinary work in language and linguistics. We
are proud of our university and are particularly pleased with our recent
Silver award in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework which
recognises that the quality of teaching and learning environment experienced
by students at the University of Brighton consistently exceeds the rigorous
national requirements for Higher Education in the UK.
This is a permanent post and jobsharers are welcome.

The university offers a wide range of facilities and benefits further details
of which can be found here:
https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/working-with-us/jobs/index.aspx.

Application Deadline: 15-May-2018

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.brighton.ac.uk/AH3272-17-250-R