29.3272, Jobs: English; German; Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Just AI

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 27 13:32:24 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-3272. Mon Aug 27 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.3272, Jobs: English; German; Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Just AI

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 09:30:46
From: Elena Matveeva [e.matveeva at just-ai.com]
Subject: English; German; Computational Linguistics: Software Engineer, Just AI, Germany

University or Organization: Just AI
Job Location: Berlin, Germany (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://just-ai.com/en
Job Title: NLP Software Engineer/Computational Linguist
Job Rank: Software Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; NLP Software Engineer

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      German (deu)

Just AI (http://just-ai.com/en) – research-led AI software company developing
platform to build, train, host and boost NLU-powered assistants for Amazon
Alexa, Google Assistant, smart devices. We are expanding our international
business in German-speaking countries and searching for the talented NLP
Software Engineer/Computational Linguist to join our multinational team.

Responsibilities:
- Localization of our products for German-speaking markets.
- Explore, implement and improve algorithms of:
- Natural language processing;
- Text classification, intent recognition;
- Information retrieval.
- Create dictionaries, rules and models for solving NLP tasks
- Carry out comparative analysis of various approaches and algorithms.
- Publish papers and participate in conferences on computational linguistics.
- Communicate with the development team in order to integrate new algorithms
into commercial projects.

Qualifications:
- Good mathematical background, knowledge of statistics and machine learning.
- Highly desirable to have completed courses on natural language processing
and information retrieval.
- Experience with NLP libraries - NLTK, Stanford NLP, Apache Open NLP, MITIE,
etc.
- Knowledge of libraries and resources used in NLP-algorithms for a specific
language: language models, dictionaries, word embeddings, synonyms and
paraphrases databases, etc.
- Highly desirable to know the principles of interactive systems building and
to have experience with them.
- Knowledge of information retrieval and machine translation principles and
algorithms.
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms in Python or Java.
- General knowledge of Computer science: basic data structures, algorithms,
OOP, design patterns.
- Fluent German and English languages.

To apply, please send your CV to the application email below.

Email Address for Applications: a.vyatkina at i-free.com
Contact Information:
	Anastasia Vyatkina
	Email: a.vyatkina at i-free.com