29.4994, Calls: Applied Ling, Clinical Ling, Cog Sci, Gen Ling, Socioling/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Dec 15 05:56:22 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-4994. Sat Dec 15 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.4994, Calls: Applied Ling, Clinical Ling, Cog Sci, Gen Ling, Socioling/Poland

Moderator: linguist at linguistlist.org (Malgorzata E. Cavar)
Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté)
Homepage: https://linguistlist.org

Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 00:55:55
From: Marcin Naranowicz [plm at wa.amu.edu.pl]
Subject: 49th Poznań Linguistic Meeting

Full Title: 49th Poznań Linguistic Meeting
Short Title: PLM2019

Date: 16-Sep-2019 - 18-Sep-2019
Location: Poznań, Poland
Contact Person: Marcin Naranowicz
Meeting Email: plm at wa.amu.edu.pl
Web Site: http://wa.amu.edu.pl/plm/2019/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Clinical Linguistics; Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 22-Mar-2019

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the 49th Poznan Linguistic Meeting (PLM2019)
will take place on 16-18 September 2019 in Poznan, Poland. The Meeting will be
organised by the Faculty of English of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan.

Leitmotif:

The leitmotif of the 49th PLM will be ''Linguistics: Between science and
humanities. An overview of contributing disciplines and research agendas''.
The pervasive transdisciplinarity of today's research opens up new terrain for
investigating language. Modern linguistics requires a broadened scientific
horizon and a dialogue with representatives of other disciplines. For example,
sciences such as biology, medicine and neuroscience incrementally contribute
to our knowledge about how language is represented, acquired, and changed in
the human brain. Statistics and computer science add unprecedented power to
how linguistic theories can be tested and applied. Studies of the interfaces
between language and social structure at all levels benefit from closer
interactions with other humanities, such as psychology and sociology. All of
this leads to questions about the status of linguistics within sciences and
humanities.

We invite studies and reports which provide evidence and/or standpoints on
these issues. However, contributions from other subdisciplines, also not
directly related to the Meeting's leitmotif, are also most welcome.

Plenary Events:

The keynote address will be given by Nicholas Evans (Australian National
University), an Australian linguist and a recognized expert on linguistic
typology and endangered languages.

Plenary lectures confirmed so far:

Nicholas Evans (Australian National University)
Stefan Frisch (Appalachian State University)
Peter Siemund (University of Hamburg)
Zofia Wodniecka-Chlipalska (Jagiellonian University, Cracow)

As has become our tradition, there will also be a debate on topics related to
the leitmotif.

Call for Papers:

Call for Papers and Thematic Sessions: Submissions

Proposals of papers are invited for both oral and poster sessions related to
this main theme, and to other topics within modern linguistics. Each paper in
the general oral sessions will be given 30 minutes, including 10 minutes for
discussion. Poster sessions will form an integral part of the conference
programme. The number of submissions is limited to one single-authored plus
one co-authored abstract per author (or two co-authored ones). The language of
the conference is English.

In addition to regular oral and poster sessions, a special poster session will
be organised for aspiring researchers, who will have a chance to present their
Ph.D. projects to a larger scientific community and, thus, to receive valuable
feedback on their work at the early stage of development.

We also invite proposals for Thematic/Workshop Sessions. A proposal for a
workshop session should include a clear statement of its
objectives/topic/message (about 300 words) as well as at least four names of
proposed speakers (with affiliations) and a sample bibliography. Thematic
workshop proposals will be subject to review by our International Advisory
Board. Please note that the organiser(s) of a thematic/workshop session will
be expected to solicit submissions, advertise the session through appropriate
channels, organise the reviewing process, and submit a complete set of
accepted abstracts by the main submission deadline. We reserve the right to
make final decisions regarding the inclusion of thematic/workshop session
papers in the programme.

All abstracts (including thematic/workshop session abstracts) will be
processed using the EasyChair conference management system. All regular
submissions (posters and presentations) will be reviewed by our International
Advisory Board.

Please visit our website for more detailed abstract submission guidelines,
along with abstract review criteria:
http://wa.amu.edu.pl/plm/2019/Abstract_submission

Important Dates:

- Submission deadline for the thematic session proposals: 31 January 2019
- Notification of acceptance for thematic sessions: 15 February 2019
- Submission deadline for ALL abstracts (general sessions and thematic
sessions): 22 March 2019
- Notification of acceptance for papers and posters: 19 April 2019

Looking forward to seeing you in Poznan!

PLM 2019 Organising Committee
Katarzyna Dziubalska-Kolaczyk
Jaroslaw Weckwerth
Marcin Naranowicz

Contact details:

PLM2019 Organising Committee
Faculty of English, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
Collegium Novum
al. Niepodleglosci 4
61-874 Poznan, Poland
tel: (+48 61) 829 3506