29.682, Jobs: German; Applied Linguistics: Linguist / Analyst, Cognotekt GmbH

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 12 18:03:24 UTC 2018

LINGUIST List: Vol-29-682. Mon Feb 12 2018. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 29.682, Jobs: German; Applied Linguistics: Linguist / Analyst, Cognotekt GmbH

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

Editor for this issue: Clare Harshey <clare at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 13:03:21
From: Human Resources Cognotekt GmbH [hr at cognotekt.com]
Subject: German; Applied Linguistics: Linguist / Analyst, Cognotekt GmbH, Cologne, Germany

University or Organization: Cognotekt GmbH
Job Location: Cologne, Germany
Web Address: http://cognotekt.com
Job Title: Linguist/Analyst
Job Rank: Linguist/Analyst

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): German (deu)

Cognotekt GmbH is a software and consulting company that specializes in
automation and quality assurance of  business processes. We rationalize
processes that consist of repetitive and simple mental activities by analyzing
those processes. Then we further automate – if the processes can be described
with algorithms - or improve their quality with the use of Mathematics. We are
the German market leaders in this field.

Job description:
You will systematically define field-specific requirements and analyze
technical documents from a linguistic perspective to set the baseline for the
development of AI-systems in commerce, specifically you will determine
processes and requirements of that field by meeting with clients and
formalizing these processes and requirements systematically. In doing so you
will need to annotate documents, make use of corpora and other linguistic
tools as well as construct taxonomies and ontologies.

This is a full time position.

You should have the following qualifications:
- German native speaker or near native speaker level
- Degree in Linguistics, Computer linguistics or Philology, Linguistic
Sciences with a strong linguistic focus
- Qualification level:  Diploma or Masters Degree, PhD possible, work
experience is not compulsory
- Optional: knowledge in Computer Linguistic methods

Cognotekt is a medium-size company with an excellent, harmonious team. The
position is challenging.  You will gain real-world experience in consulting
and applied linguistics. The job is based in Cologne.

We are looking forward to your application!

Email Address for Applications: hr at cognotekt.com
Contact Information:
	Thomas Weidhaas
	Email: hr at cognotekt.com